OPENING: FEBRUARY 7, 2017
DUE: MARCH 28, 2017
Grants from the Maple Leaf Community Fund support the capital-related needs of food security programs that promote dignity and build individual and community capacity. The funding is available to both Oxford and Middlesex counties; therefore London Community Foundation and Oxford Community Foundation partner on the application intake and vetting process.
The following criteria - revised and effective January 2017 - must be met to be eligible for funding consideration:
1. The Food Security Program must be a core activity of the applicant and fit at least one of the following three categories:
2. The request must be for capital funding as opposed to operating costs. (eg. material/equipment; not food)
3. Applications with leveraging, collaboration and sustainability elements are preferred.
4. Programs must be within the counties of Oxford and/or Middlesex.
5. Applicants must not be aligned with political campaigns, religious organizations, individual or for-profit business, lobbying or advocacy groups.
Oxford County Applicants: Contact Louise Wardrop, Executive Director, Oxford Community Foundation | 519.539.7447 x 229 | lwardrop [at] oxfordcommunityfoundation [dot] org
Middlesex-County Applicants: Contact Lori Runciman, Director, Grants, London Community Foundation | 519-667-1600 x 105 | grants [at] lcf [dot] on [dot] ca